Wednesday, April 22, 2020

30 Minutes of Thankfulness



I’m thankful for Lindsey. Always.
I’m thankful that my local coffee shop is still selling coffee beans for curbside pickup.
I’m thankful for my morning 2-mile run around the neighborhood.
I’m thankful for my stack of unread books.
I’m thankful for my parents and my in-laws.
I’m thankful for Facebook Live and Zoom.
I’m thankful that my son will barely remember this pandemic and my daughter won’t remember it at all.
I’m thankful for encouraging e-mails and Facebook comments.
I’m thankful for Netflix and Hulu.
I’m thankful for my paycheck.
I’m thankful I live in a 4-bedroom 3-bathroom house instead of the 2-bedroom 2-bathroom house I lived in at this time last year.
I’m thankful for Cheez-Itz and jelly beans.
I’m thankful for medical professionals.
I’m thankful for family-owned restaurants that are still taking takeout orders.
I’m thankful for my iTunes library of 7,000+ songs.
I’m thankful for my magazine subscriptions to the New Yorker and Texas Monthly.
I’m thankful for my church.
I’m thankful for comic books.
I’m thankful for friends and mentors who are helping me think through ministry in this strange new context.
I’m thankful for family walks around the neighborhood.
I’m thankful for podcasts.
I’m thankful for reporters who get us the news for little money and less respect.
I’m thankful for the time I spend reading picture books with my son before bed every night.
I’m thankful we have a washing machine and dryer in our home.
I’m thankful for more time to think, write, and pray.
I’m thankful for good advice.
I’m thankful for my daughter’s crinkled-nose smile.
I’m thankful for air conditioning.
I’m thankful for lessened expenses the last 2 months.
I’m thankful for a church staff, deacon body, and volunteer base that love the Lord and serve Him gladly.
I’m thankful we don’t have a TV hooked up in the house.
I’m thankful for Family Day every Thursday.
I’m thankful for the hope of resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment